Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Camp Barakel...Where God has Blessed

I recently returned from a weekend at Camp Barakel where I volunteered in the kitchen for a weekend retreat.





While there, I took several walks around Shear Lake and in the surrounding woods.  What a beautiful time of year it is here in Northern Michigan. 
I have always said, my two favorite seasons here are Winter and Fall. I know that may seem a little backward to some, because many  retired Michigan residents,  head for warmer climes  in our colder months. In fact, many people have asked me why I spend my summer months out West, and the winter months here in cold,  snowy Michigan.  I love the Winter, that's all I can say. Of course it helps that I no longer have to drive to work on snowy days. I can sit inside with a cup of tea and enjoy watching it fall lazily to the ground.






But, back to my purpose for this writing....I love the colors of the Fall season,I love Camp Barakel, and I want to share them both with you.


As I already stated, Barakel
is situated on beautiful Lake Shear. Not a very big lake,about 65 acres, but a real treasure that's tucked back in the woods off M-72 and offers a real retreat for many city bound people. 




 

Follow the link and check it out.
You  just may find yourself up that way someday.

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, that looks like such a beautiful place! Another treasure, like Lake of the Woods... I know God used you there to bless many.

    ReplyDelete