Monday, December 24, 2012

The Light of the World

This is Christmas Eve.
In light of everything that has happened in this year, some good and some not so good, I have been thinking a lot about this celebration of Jesus' birth.
The world has taken this celebration of God's love for the world and confused it with a  love for self and pleasure. 
God meant it to be a celebration of His gift to us, the gift of salvation through His Son.



I love Christmas, don't get me wrong. I love the decorations, the music, the gathering of family and friends, but this morning, I was thinking mostly about the lights. Everywhere you look, there are Christmas lights. On the tree,on housetops,in the yards, lights everywhere.



They remind me that God sent His Son into this dark world to bring us light. There is such darkness in our world today.  Without God's light, there would only be sorrow and sadness, but because of the birth of Jesus, there is Hope, and Joy, and Peace....not in the world around us, but in our hearts, because of Him.

So, I want to celebrate the Light of Jesus, coming into our world. May His Light shine in your hearts today as we celebrate the gift God gave to the world so long ago..His Son.  
Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. So grateful, with you, Sharon, for God's magnificent gift! Hope your new year is full of blessings.

    ReplyDelete