Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Abigail




I guess it is time I introduced you to my traveling companion. Her name is Abigail May, Abby for short. I have had Abby since she was 8 weeks old and she is now nearly seven years old.









She came to me through some long time friends at just a time I needed her. I had been without a dog of my own for several years, and now my children were on their own as was I. 
I needed her, and she needed me.
She was the runt of the litter and the only girl left with four bigger brothers.
She is now my constant companion and wants nothing more than to be by my side. She seeks to please me  at all times and loves me unconditionally, and trusts me explicitly.


In this way, she reminds me of what my relationship with my Creator and Redeemer should be...one of complete trust,unconditional love and obedience.
Psalm 18:2  The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;

She depends on me for her every need as I depend on Him for my every need. 
Psalm 37:5  Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He will do it.






As you can see, she is well traveled...
                                                                                                        
                                                           

                                                             ...and she loves to explore




All of these things God has given to me. I love to travel.  I love to explore.
Though I cannot run like the wind,  I love this life God has given me,
and I want to enjoy it and share Him with whomever He brings across my path.

Psalm 59:16 ...as for me, I shall sing of Thy strength;
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Thy loving kindness in
 the morning.


 Abby just loves life as a dog and as long as she can be with me,she is happy. I love life being God's child and serving Him, and as long as I can do that, I am happy.
Psalm 86:12  I will give thanks to Thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart; and will glorify Thy name forever.










3 comments:

  1. Abby is such a beauty, Sharon, and what a darling puppy she was! I love your portrait of her in our beloved redwoods. The snow photos, and the running shot are my favorites. Most of all, I love your analogy of a relationship with our Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby is such a beautiful dog. And I think a happy dog. She traveled to amazing places I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby is definitely a happy dog!!! And beautiful too!!!

    ReplyDelete